This last year has been full of challenges as we all have learned to navigate a very different climate. In terms of business and marketing, digital content has taken on a whole new life. It’s become more important than ever to be adaptable and to embrace technology for the gift that it is. One of the biggest shifts, especially for our friends in the music industry, has been live streams. From fundraisers to concerts and everything in between, when gathering as a crowd was no longer an option, we’ve turned to live streaming more and more. We thought we’d share a few key tips to making the most out of your time online.
- Keep it simple. When it comes to live streaming, you want to keep your setup pretty basic, especially if you’re the one doing the filming and the operating. When it’s less complicated, there is less chance of something going wrong.
- Be prepared. Make sure you test everything beforehand and have backups of whatever equipment you are using. You also want to prepare the content of the stream before you start so that the stream flows well and is engaging to the audience. Know your bandwidth so that your upload speed is consistent and watchable.
- Monitor your stream. If possible, keep an external monitor available so that you can see the show through the eyes of your viewers. This also makes it possible to respond to comments as you go.
- Have someone monitor your stream. On that same note, it is very helpful to have an extra person monitoring the stream so that you can focus on what’s going on in front of the camera. An extra person can let you know if something goes wrong or needs to be addressed.
- Record the live stream. If you’re planning on posting the live later on or referencing it in the future, make sure you record it somewhere locally.
- Hire a professional. We’ll let you in on the biggest secret for a successful live stream. Are you ready? Call Real Content Solutions! We already have the lighting, equipment, and expertise so that all you have to do is show up. We’ll handle the rest.